Saturday, November 11, 2006

I know, I know

I have been neglecting my blog, even though things are happening fast around me. But I do have an excuse - my computer was POOCHED last week (thankfully, no data lost, it was only the RAM that got shorted, not the MOTHERBOARD or something awful like that). Cost me $120, which is not so bad...
Whew, where do I start?
First of all, bras! Jen and I went to Toronto two weeks ago and had a BLAST! Went to this special bra store (OMG, there are bras for $155!!!!! for heaven's sake, but they are sooo beautiful, it's worth every penny! Which I didn't have, and Jen was an incredible friend and offered to put my bra on her card and I'll pay her back. Thanks Jen! So finally, after hemming and hawing, I agreed to get fitted for a bra, and I was in for a surprise! I generally bought 42D's, which didn't fit me particularly well, but did the job OK... Wellllll! Officially, I'm a 38 E! Holy Cow! Who woulda thunk it???? So now I have a black strechy lacy, beautiful bra in the right size, and OMG, my boobs are GORGEOUS! I can look at them in this bra in the mirror forever! Help! I'm obsessed! LOL.
We also went to William Sonoma's, which is a beautiful kitchen store. We went in and it smelled heavenly in there! With peppermint and spices and pumpkin and apple cider! Beautiful dishes, tablecloths, bundt moulds, gadgets!!! aaaaah.
That day was a great, relaxing, fun day. Then back to reality - Derek and I have spent a lot of time looking for a suitable house. So many requirements: it has to be close to Lydia's school, Derek's ex wife's place and Derek's Mom's place, since she is taking care of his son in the morning, then she brings him over to Derek's in the afternoon, and then Derek takes him home to his Mom after 6. So it all has to jive, and it has to be big enough for all of us (Derek, Lydia, Jamie and I, the cats and the hamster, and Lydia's fish, Nemo). We had a few setbacks - we saw this beautiful house in Wortley village, it was perfect - but the lady decided to give it to another family. Some of them were rented out by the time I called (same day as it was in the paper), some of them didn't even reply to my call, some of them were DUMPS, etc. etc. And then, we finally found the ONE. We filled out the application yesterday. The location is good (not the absolute best, but workable for everyone), the house is HUGE, the price is OK. There is a big finished basement which Derek claimed for himself :-), two bedrooms on the ground floor which will be my room and Lydia's, a cozy, bright living room, a cute kitchen (though the cabinets need some sprucing up, honestly), even some furniture (dining room table and ALL the appliances, except a dishwasher, which I will work very hard to get ASAP!!!!). AAAANDDDD, the best part, a beautiful loft upstairs that's perfect for a playroom for the kids, and Jamie's bed can be there for when he sleeps over. Two bathrooms (basement and main), two fridges (you ALWAYS need extra freezer space), and an amazing back yard with a huge deck, with bbq and patio set that comes with the house. Sooo... we are moving December 1st. We are both very excited and happy. Jamie and Lydia have seen the place and they like it too, they ran around in the back yard and explored the loft (the storage cabinets tucked under the corners of the roof are a big hit for hide-and-seek). Now the hard part: packing! I'll have to go to the grocery store and get some boxes, and do some heavy-duty sorting, what's coming, what's not needed, etc. etc.
Everybody at work is very supportive, my boss wrote me a letter of recommendation, which really impressed the owner of the house. My boss's wife also said to ask if I need any help or advice - they truly are a wonderful resource, they know a lot of people, they both had been through a divorce, with kids involved, and nobody knows properties, houses, rentals like they do, being owners of a property mgmt company.
Well, this is it for now, I'm taking my Mom out for lunch, it's her birthday this week.
Hugs everyone, and thanks for being patient with me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ken Breadner said...

Flames, this all sounds wonderful. You've lucked out. *smile* Congratulations. *hug*

5:03 PM

 
Blogger flameskb said...

thanks Ken. I hope so. I'm waiting to hear back for sure from the landlord, but it's looking good.
btw, I LOVED your post with Tux and your trip to the adoption center!!!!! so cute! awww. he didn't want the competition... animals can certainly express their feelings quite well!

11:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home