Friday, September 22, 2006

Printer down

at work, and I can't do much right now.. I've done my filing and my desk is super clean, organized to the last paperclip - pathetic, I know. With all these things happening in my life, a time with nothing to do is not exactly welcome. I don't want to think right now. It's all about the logistics of the move, the stress, the money, Andy's anger... all swirling inside me, turning into a tempest.
Yesterday it was meet the teacher night at Lydia's school and we went and talked to her teacher. I told her about the move and she said she'll keep an extra eye on Lydia to see how she is coping, but also she said I might not see the impact until after the move, which makes sense - that's when it becomes real for all of us.
Her schoolwork is great though, she is very eager and enthusiastic about her math and reading, and I've noticed lately that she is just as eager to please at home, which is wonderful. She cleaned her room without prodding, threatening and begging, and she helps set the table and takes her dishes back to the sink when she is done with her food. I give her lots of praise and it seems to make her want to do more. She said yesterday at bedtime: I'm so glad you are my Mommy. Awwww. I told her I'm glad that she is my girl, too. She comes up with the best lines, too. I told her this morning, you have the most perfect little toes (it's true, it's like a row of pearls at the end of her foot) and she said, and I'm most perfectly sleepy and I want to go back to bed. I totally agreed, that's what I wanted to do... LOL
But, it's Friday! yeeey! I have a party to go to tonight and I'm excited. Should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home