Sunday, September 03, 2006

I'm free

I feel there is light at the end of a tunnel. (even though I chose the tunnel myself and I enjoyed it very much while I was in it, it was, nonetheless, a tunnel). Something happened yesterday that should have upset me but it didn't. I felt curiously free and lighthearted about it. After I left his place, a snippet of a Leonard Cohen song came to mind:

and for something like a second
I'm cured, and my heart is at ease.

hmmm. Interesting. Maybe I AM growing up. Or maybe I'm learning how to move on. I'm reminded of a theory I read somewhere (it was in a book about reincarnation), that everyone who touches you deeply comes into your life to teach you something about yourself. D. touched me more than I ever imagined. And I'm still learning the lesson, I'm sure. But I feel like I AM learning it now instead of just spinning my wheels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home