Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Good news at last

The coop where my friend Dianne lives has a vacancy for a 2 br unit (townhouse, so lots of space for Lydia, me and the cats to roam around) for October 15th!!!! I'm going this weekend to take a look at the unit and I'm really excited. It's going to be PERFECT, I just know it in my heart! But in case it's not perfect after all, there is another one coming up in December, but I really would prefer not to wait that long, and also, moving in December is not something I would look forward to...
It will be a great experience not building my life and my home around another person, it's going to be me making the decisions for once. (Of course, keeping my daughter in mind at all times and making sure she is comfortable, but at least I won't be accountable to anyone but myself. I've already started organizing and throwing stuff out I don't need. Once I see the unit, I'll be able to tell what furniture I can take. Actually, Mom has a sectional down in her basement that's comfortable and in pretty good shape, I can probably get that for the living room if it will fit. She wants to get rid of it, she doesn't like it, she told me before. I don't want anything big, but the sectional would provide some flexibility for seating arrangements and would let me have friends over and have a comfortable conversation area.
As for Lydia's countless plushies and toys... gosh, I don't even know where to start packing that stuff!!!!! We'll have to pare them down somewhat (if she'll let me) and organize so she can actually see what she has. Plus, she can leave some of it at her Dad's for visits. And, the tv will be downstairs in the basement, I will NOT have a tv taking center place in the living room anymore! And no tv in my bedroom!!!! yeeey! I'm all excited, can you tell????

1 Comments:

Blogger jeopardygirl said...

flames, this is fantastic!

7:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home