Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Freedom is getting closer

Last Friday, we went to see the unit in the coop that will be available Oct 15th. D. and his son Jamie were at my house, so they came along, too. On the way there (and it's quite a long way from Springbank to Fanshawe Pk Road), Lydia and Jamie were squabbling like siblings: Give me that! No, you'll wrinkle it. No I won't. Mooommyyyy, he wrinkled it!!!!! Mommyyyy, he is stuffing all the donuts in his face all at once!!!! Daddy, she took all the donuts!!!! D. and I laughed, it was too cute. Once we got there, we rang the doorbell, and the two kids practically dashed in the door without an invite. I apologized profusely, but the woman was really nice, she just smiled. We went downstairs (big playroom for Lydia, finished, carpet old but useable, big storage and laundry room, room for the catbox! perfect!!!!). Main floor: Living room, fairly roomy, big windows. Kitchen: small, barely any space for a normal size table, but I could get a small 2 seater one, maybe one that can be folded out for company... The cabinets are in good shape. The colours are beige with beige throughout, but oh well. We can brighten it up with pictures and draperies and stuff. Upstairs: LARGE linen closet (THANK YOU!), nice size bathroom (yes, beige tile). Two surprisingly large bedrooms with BIG closets (yeeey!). Lydia felt VERY comfortable there. She jumped on the beds and couches (of course were told to get off immediately, but not before Jamie got a couple of jumps in as well). She ran out the back door and lay down on the grass and made grass angels. Then she was planning her room already! It was great to see her so enthusiastic! D. looked around too and said he likes it, and he thought it was great that Lydia felt so good there. Then he proceeded to shock the heck out of me by fantasizing about moving in with me... It was cute though and we talked about it after, and clarified that it was just fantasy. Then the kids played on the small playground (swings, slides, climbers, very nice). Lydia was actually protective of Jamie, holding his arm when he was running to far ahead, and she was very bossy with him, and Derek thought that was cute. I picked up an application at the office and we went home.
So now, the application is in, with the $15 fee for credit check, and I just have to wait for the board to decide if they want me. Then there will be an interview, after which they'll let me know. My friend Dianne thinks I won't have a problem...
I can hardly wait!!!!!!!
Yesterday, I met Derek's brother Andrew. I don't think they look alike in the least, but maybe it was just because Andrew has very short hair and is clean shaven, as opposed to my long haired, bearded, Jesus-look love. Andrew struck me as very confident, much more so than Derek, and very friendly and social. He asked me about Russia and Hungary (I love it that people think it's interesting that I'm from Eastern Europe, I mean, it's not very exciting to me... LOL). When he first saw me, I think he thought I wasn't what he expected. I know in looks we don't look like a well-matched couple with Derek... He is thin and handsome and oh so sexy with his hippy look, and me... well... fat and fairly conservative-looking with my short hair and office clothes. But I think after we talked, he liked me well enough. It was interesting though, that not only my insecurities surfaced at the presence of Andrew... Derek asked half-jokingly if I'd fallen in love with his brother (which he mentioned before, months ago, when I never even thought I'd ever meet Andrew). I said, absolutely not and told him how handsome and sexy he is and how enchanting his eyes are... I don't think I'm capable of seeing anyone in a romantic light, especially if Derek is present. Yes, Jen, I'm a big marshmallow when it comes to him! LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home