Saturday, September 23, 2006

Disaster

that's the word for the party last night. It was a swingers meet and greet, hosted by Derek and Denise. I arrived at the place - first of all it was a DUMP. Really. No atmosphere, no class, no service, no nothing at that place, but the smell of booze and old furniture. There were some dart boards up on the back wall, there were some pooltables, and the whole thing looked really depressing. I felt overdressed in my sexy little strappy top with the soft shrug over it - this was a kind of faded jean shirt or trashy sparkly black top sortof a place. Derek and Peter were already there, Denise and the rest were nowhere to be seen, as they were being fashionably late. A young kid was also sitting there, forget his name, clean cut boy, early twenties, honestly, even if he was attractive to me, I would have felt like I was robbing the cradle. A veritable Mrs. Robinson. LOL. So we waited for the rest of the illustrious group to arrive, and with each arrival, I felt more and more uncomfortable with the whole thing. The assessing gaze of the men, the uncomfortable giggly giddyness of the women. Gross. Then Denise arrived with her friend Marcy. Honestly, when I met Denise, I thougth she was a bit low-class (forgive me my superficial elitist phrase, but that's the only way I can describe it), but now, accompanied by her friend and in her "element" gosh, you know, it made me physically sick to think of Derek being with these women and then being with me... That the same dick that was inside them, was inside me as well, turned my stomach. And then one of the guys tried to start up a conversation with me, he was soft and perverted looking and disgusting and it made my skin crawl and suddenly I felt very dirty... I had to get out of there. I tried to explain it to Derek, who came after me, asking what was wrong, and he thought I was really superficial, judging these people after 5 minutes of meeting them... I couldn't really get my thoughts out properly without totally insulting him and his friends, but... I know myself... I know I'm a pretty good judge of character, and very rarely have I been wrong about my first impressions... I do not make judgments lightly, but I have a certain instinct when it comes to people, and it was crystal clear to me that this is not the kind of crowd I want to associate with... and even contemplating to get close to one of the men there was just unthinkable. I don't know what I was expecting, really, I kinda thought it's going to be like the Talk Exchange, but sexier, instead, it was just awful.
So this is the end of my swinging career, thank goodness. I will never contemplate such a thing ever again, and I'm kinda glad that I saw the bottom of the barrel before jumping in...

5 Comments:

Blogger jeopardygirl said...

flames, me too. ALWAYS GO WITH YOUR GUT INSTINCTS.

5:25 PM

 
Blogger Ken Breadner said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:33 PM

 
Blogger Ken Breadner said...

Sorry, there--had one measly typo and had to start over.
Uck. How horrible. Funny, isn't it, how the fantasies never seem to cover the pool-hall-cum-brothel atmosphere, or the anti-romance of mechanical fucking, or the sudden realization that all the men are dicks and all the women are receptacles?
My fantasies tend towards an even number of close friends in a relaxed, comfortable setting--precisely the reverse of what you've described here. Even with that safeguard, I'm pretty sure that if I ever moved six universes down the hall and got a chance to try living out those fantasies, the result would still likely be a bunch of shattered friendships, not a growing-closer.
My sense is that it takes a certain sort of person to enjoy swinging. I don't think you're that sort of person, flames. I used to think I might be, but I now know otherwise myself...

5:40 PM

 
Blogger flameskb said...

I'm glad I left, in retrospect too, so it was the right decision to make. I talked with Derek after and he was worried that I will get out of his life forever, but I said no, but I will not be a part of that life. If he can reconcile that and accept that I'm not part of every facet of his existence, then it's OK. But it's true that a part of my love and a large part of my respect for him is gone.

7:14 AM

 
Blogger Rossisaurus said...

Morning. I should really consider going to sleep, but this little "six degrees of separation" is getting rather interesting.

Pity the Talk Exchange is no more ... we should really do something about that.

Yeah, re. your blog, I think the romance of the Swinger's society only worked well within the context of "Stranger in a Strange Land." Most of the time swinging is a really hard thing to master. It has to be set up in such a way that all parties feel comfortable. I suppose it would be easier if you could choose your mates, but then, could you talk to them afterwards? Could you have a beer and just be buddies? I suppose that's the point. Swinging is polyamory in action; if you are going to be polyamorous, it helps if you can choose your mates from a larger group than only those who decide to show up to the, as ken suggested "pool-hall-cum-brothel atmosphere."

Until we meet again.

11:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home