Wednesday, August 30, 2006

still

in love, and now more than ever. He came over last night, and we watched episodes of "Curb your Enthusiasm" on DVD - what a funny show! And we ate and talked and it was sooo very nice. And he said, I was always attracted to you, but now I realize that you're beautiful. I turned away because it made me feel uncomfortable - I don't FEEL beautiful and when people tell you things that don't fit your image of yourself, it's weird. He cradled my face in his palm and said these fateful words that sent me further and deeper into the exhilarating abyss of love: "Listen to me, what I'm trying to say is that I'm in love with you." Gosh, I melted into a puddle. And before he left, we hugged again and he said: it's great that we are in love with each other, and I feel more and more comfortable with you. I said something in agreement, though not nearly as eloquent and he left, wearing my vest because the night turned cold. Gosh, when he opens up and reveals something of himself, it's like he is giving me a precious gift. The cynical side of me just says that he just knows exactly what to say and when, but when I'm lost in his eyes, that side of me doesn't exist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home