Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Sleepless in London

Cats, kids and cookie crumbs have NO BUSINESS in a person's bed!!!!!
Lydia was just HYPER yesterday and wouldn't go to bed - of course not, after three late nights, not having to get up early the next morning... And I was just beat, cuz I didn't get much sleep the night before that, either, but I will NOT complain about that. (grin) So she had a snack and watched tv on my bed, then I tucked her into her own bed and soon I was drifting off... but I noticed unusual brightness on the bottom of the door and decided to check it out... The little MONKEY turned on all her lights and was playing Gameboy on her bed! At 11 PM!!!! I turned the lights off, firmly tucking her in again, and was again drifting off into dreamland when the door opened. 11:30 PM!!!! Missy was in the doorway, with blankey and three of her plush animals and said in a pitiful voice: moooommmyyyy, my throat hurts and I can't stop coughiiiiiing. (The coughing part wasn't entirely true, I only heard a couple of small coughs, but she sounded so forlorn and I was too tired to argue. So I said, get in here and lifted my covers. She moved in with lightning speed and tried to hide her grin (the little monkey) as she settled in beside me. At midnight, she was still wiggling, whispering to her animals and generally keeping me awake and finally the Momma Bear growled: Lydia stop wiggling or you're going back to your own bed!!!!! So she quieted down and all was well. We both fell asleep. Then I woke up at 2 AM to a kick in my ribs, then around 3 to a slap of a small hand across my belly, then around 5 to snoring and thrashing... Arrrrggggh. And I came in to work to do the utility search, which I had to stop and do something else because my head was nodding and my eyes needed toothpicks to keep them open...
Tonight, it's early bedtime no matter what, in her own bed!!!!! and I have to change the sheets that are covered in cookie crumbs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home