Friday, August 04, 2006

Get me coffeeee!!!!!!

I got this "special project" at work (that's what you get for doing your stuff fast, then you have time for these little tidbits - LOL). A client complained about their utility billings for his rental pool units (16 Units in 6 different buildings), and now I have the dubious honor of going back over 2 years (that's 24 MONTHS) worth of utility bills, recording the rate of Gas, Water, Electricity, the dates covered on the bill, when and how much we paid, when and how much we recorded, make comments if I notice any discrepancies, overpayments, overcharges... YIKES. Obviously, the other girls have done this before, because they all came over to offer sympathetic glances and helpful advice, spreadsheet templates and files. NOT fun! It took me 5 hours yesterday to do one building, but I'm getting more efficient, because this morning, it ONLY took be 3 and a half to do the next building... sigh. I needed 4 coffees yesterday through this process (you could say I was chain-coffeeing - I know, not a real word... whatever), and the dog didn't even get out to come and be petted... I just hope they won't have too many questions after they get the reports. On the upside, my boss did say she owes me lunch for doing this... LOL.
We got pizza today for lunch, everybody gathered in the lunch room and yacked and stuffed their face. Fun!

1 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

hey, sounds like job security to me...

go head and splurge and drink a couple fine coffees.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

2:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home