Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Fringe

This evening, I finally got to see a Fringe play. G. and I went to see the "Science Fair" at the Arts Project. It was so much fun! We both really enjoyed it. The girl who played Mr. Harry Butte (the science teacher), and one of the students, was HILARIOUS and a really, really talented actress with a rubber face! And the guy who provided the "background" music with a guitar was very funny, in a geeky, cute sort of way. It was (as the title suggests) about a high-school science fair and how a few students prepared for it. One was totally just into science for the science of it, another was in it with a university scholarship in mind, another one was dealing with raging hormones and all she wanted to do was get a boyfriend... In the end, of course, the "genius" boy and the shy "ugly" girl got together, and even the big-bellied, fake-moustached Mr. Butte won the heart of the cold stuck-up literature teacher. All of the actors played at least three roles, and it was amazing to see the quick transformation as they switched characters, even genders. They were all very good. We would have seen more shows but we were really hungry and after dinner, it was too late and I had to go home to relieve my babysitter (her boyfriend is leaving for a week, which is a really, really long time when you're 16, and they wanted to spend some time together before he left. awww young love.) G. took me to Ben Thahn, which is a thai restaurant on York Street (the BEST spring rolls, honestly!) G. ordered some beef curry, and it was really hot (one bite was enough to clear my sinuses, thank you very much, but he didn't think it was hot enough!). I ordered shrimp and broccoli in a teriyaki-like sauce, but it wasn't quite as sweet as teriyaki, which was nice. We wanted their coffee smoothies, which are amazing, but it takes 20 min to make and the girl forgot to put in our order... sniff. Then we walked a bit downtown, oh, btw. there is this shop on Talbot street called the Libido, obviously a sex shop, and there were... pillows in the window.. pillows that were all pink and red and frilly and they kinda looked like... giant pussies! They were actually really neat! Naughty art... Cute! I wonder who makes them... I don't think it's a guy.. probably a crafty lesbian chick. I'll have to go there one time when it's open and ask.

2 Comments:

Blogger jeopardygirl said...

I love that shop!

8:53 PM

 
Blogger flameskb said...

and do you know who makes the pillows? They are awesome... I think I want one for my bedroom... LOL. As a celebration of the Feminine.

10:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home