Saturday, July 29, 2006

Police Stake-out

So last night, around 10:30, I was leaving my friend's house and he walked me out. I looked to my right and there was a guy, lurking behind a tree, with what looked to me like a camera... I'm like, hey, what the heck is that guy doing there? Then, another guy in dark clothing and a FREAKIN' machine gun in his hand motioned for us to go over to him... I was stunned, but we walked over, since clearly, he was a police officer. I was a bit nervous because we were.. ahem... smoking something not quite legal, so I thought, OK, are we getting busted???? The cop (a young blond, really tough looking guy) asked as where we are from, my friend said the house number. He asked what we are doing, and thankfully, D. had enough presence of mind to answer his questions calmly. He said he was just walking me out to my car. The cop shook his head no and told us there was a report of a person with a gun next door, and to stay off the street and not go back into his house or to my car until we are told it's safe... Then he asked D. a whole bunch of questions about the fence between his house and the neighbours. Then we went over and sat down on the lawn a couple of houses down and watched... it was like the movies. Cops in dark clothes, with bulletproof vests and assault rifles sneaking back and forth, giving hand signals and radio messages to each other, the guy behind the tree kneeling into shooting position several times. We heard shouting and sounds of running, dog barking in the back behind the other house. YIKES! Now, having grown up in a military-centered state, I have a deep-seated, not entirely rational (since I've never been arrested back home, thank goodness) mistrust of the police so I was quite freaked out... I called my sitter on my cell and told her I'll be late and then hugged D. as we sat on the lawn. Finally, about 10 min. later, we walked down towards the other end of the street, and D. asked if we can go back to his house now and the cop said, yup, they are making the arrest right now, so it's safe. As we were walking back, we saw someone being pushed into the back seat of a cop car. I told D. it's always an adventure to see him and we said our goodbyes, but it was certainly not quite the ending to our date I was expecting... I was pretty much wide awake, even though before we left his house, I was ready to fall asleep... so it was after 1 that I finally drifted off.

2 Comments:

Blogger jeopardygirl said...

I thought you said you didn't really enjoy smoking that stuff...I am confused.

3:45 AM

 
Blogger flameskb said...

I wasn't really the one smoking it, actually. But I'm sure the scent of it was all over me...

5:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home