Monday, July 31, 2006

Holy Crap it's HOT

Gosh, this is incredible! The heat is really getting to me, even though I have nothing to complain about: I have ac at work, in my car and at home, and also have two neighbours with pools, so I have some defenses, but it must be the barometric pressure (and probably my up-and-down emotions this past week), and my head is just constantly hurting.
Yesterday's Talk Exchange was interesting; really, really hot topic (Israel), lots of emotions and strong opinions, but I probably would have enjoyed it much more if G. hadn't come... He complained of a headache when I picked him up, so I gave him my Tylenol 3's and I think he took 3... Then he tried to kiss me and I realized he'd been drinking... SHIT! (We have a deal that we won't see each other when he's on a binge, because it's too painful/embarrassing/awful to watch a brilliant mind destroying himself). So on we went to the pub, where he ordered 3 beers, which he really, really didn't need. So towards the end, he slurred his words, he got louder and he didn't listen to anyone else but himself, and I thought I'd just die. I was mad at him, for not being honest, for being so obnoxious, for being a drunk...
J, the new gf showed up towards the end, and the two of us went for an ice cream (it's this FABULOUS place called the Marble Slab - you pick your ice cream flavour, the take a HUGE hunk of it - must be the equivalent of three scoops, and they slap it on this frozen slab and they add any topping you want and mix it in... and put it in a waffle cone!!!! GOSH. J. has been there before, she recommended the place and it was mind-boggling...) I had pistacchio ice cream with as much chocolate in it as they could cram in - choc. chips and oreo cookie pieces and hot fudge on top!!!! J. got chocolate ice cream with marshmallows. She and I talked about stuff along the way, talked about D., mostly, but not in a bad way, she just shared some anecdotes about her date with him and we laughed. And it was ok... and it was fun. I didn't feel jealous at all, which was a relief. We got back to the pub, and the guys were still there, just under the awning, talking, G. slurring words and being very self-important, as most drunks are, so I told him I'm going, if he wants a ride home he better come with me. He stayed behind, talking to poor unsuspecting Peter, while D, J and I walked to my car. D. kissed and hugged me and finally G. was coming as well so we said goodbye to them. I took G. home and I tried to have a talk with him, about the drinking and other things, but it was no use, really... I don't know how much he remembers the day after, or if any of it was even getting through. It makes me sad when he drinks... What a waste of a beautiful mind! I really thought I could handle his drinking, but I don't think I can... As I wrote to my friend Hedy today, I have three part-time guys in my life and they don't make one whole man. OK, I know, it's my fault for not being able to just dump them all and start fresh... I'm weak and I hate myself for it.

1 Comments:

Blogger What Does It Matter Anyways? said...

One day you will meet someone really special. And sooner than you think!

2:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home