Thursday, June 01, 2006

well THAT was interesting!!!!

through unforeseen circumstances, I got to meet G.'s ex. We had a date with G., his daughter Grace and my girl and me at Angelos (nice Italian eatery/store) and then we wanted to go swimming... So, we get there, they are late, I thought, OK, no problem, we wait a little. Waited ten minutes (thankfully, brought some colouring book with me and crayons to pass the time - for me, of course LOL). Then finally, we got up to get some food, and in they walk. G, Grace and.... F*&&! It's Ann. I've seen pictures of her, so I knew immediately who she was... She shook hands with me, and said VERY nice to meet you, and I was very civilized and said, smiling, yes, very nice to meet you too, meanwhile, shooting dirty looks at G., like, what the HELL is going on???? He looked PISSED. So anyways, Ann and the girls sat down and G. and I stood in line for pasta, and he told me the whole story (which I won't go into, it's not mine to tell, but let me just say that she WAS being unreasonable, though she didn't know until they were almost there that they were gonna meet us). So she was kinda thrust into it too, which made me feel a bit better, that it wasn't planned that way... I mean, I knew I'll meet her eventually, but this was a bit sudden... So anyways, going back to the table, we were very civilized, chatting with big smiles (my jaw hurt!!!!), while the girls were having a great time, stuffing food into their faces, chatting, totally oblivious to the undercurrents going on at the table. On one side of the table, the girls, the other side, Ann and me, with G. in the middle. Cozy!!!!! So I thought, ok, we'll eat, she'll go home and we can go swimming... but NO, she thought a nice little swim would be great, so she came, too!!!! Isn't this nice!!!!! I considered not going, but Lydia was so excited over going swimming and playing with Grace, I just couldn't... So we met in front of the University and got in the pool area. In the change room, she came up to me and said she apologizes for the uncomfortable situation, I said, oh, no problem, I understand... what was I supposed to say???? But I did feel uncomfortable, like I'm the "other woman"... even though G. has moved out months before we ever met.... to top it off, she is slim and trim and petite, and very bubbly and happy, and here I am, big and clumsy, all belly and boobs.... So, we got into the pool, G. of course extracted himself from the situation and went lane swimming, and there we were, just girls... we chatted, about kids, and the pool, how nice the water was, yeah, it was all just peachy. She was actually very nice and I think she was relieved that I was nice to her, too. The girls played in the water, G. came over and played with them, then finally, Ann went over to swim and G. complained how uncomfortable this all was, but frankly, I could not find it in my heart to feel sorry for him.... He could have found a way to somehow either not bring her, or let me know... I do have a cell phone with me at all times.... Then we ushered the girls out of the water, cuz it was time to go home.... in the change room, she apologized again, I said, no, really, don't worry about it... and we said goodbye in the parking lot, I waved at G. from as far away as possible, the girls hugged, I said, very nice to meet you Ann... and drove home...
I feel a bit shaken. It's my insecurities, I know... I felt fat and ugly, thinking what she mihght think of me, and what might G. think, seeing us together (maybe comparing us). And when I saw them together, they looked... like a family.... like they belonged together... In my mind, I know that what broke up the marriage happened long before we met, but somehow, I felt that if I wasn't in the picture at all, maybe they'd get back together.... I'll have to tread carefully and somehow get it out of G. sigh...

3 Comments:

Blogger jeopardygirl said...

That sounds like the most uncomforable experience, EVER. Hey, though, you lived through it, right? And now you know what she looks like. You have to, on some level, feel better that he's into you now, especially since it appears she's trim and pretty. What's on the outside is very rarely what is on the inside. I've met some gorgeous people who were rotten inside. You are not like that, K!

As for all belly and boobs, well, I'm in that club, too.

6:18 AM

 
Blogger Ken Breadner said...

Ugh.
That would have been a horrible experience for *everybody* involved.
I second J-girl's thoughts above, though...and I'm a man.

7:34 AM

 
Blogger flameskb said...

Thanks guys. I'm feeling better about it today... Called G. this morning and we laughed about it, and he told me Grace kept asking her on the way home: Did you like them Mommy? Didn't I tell you K and Lydia were the best? LOL. G. said she probably stayed because of pride and because she doesn't back down from anything ever. So I'm glad I didn't run away either. LOL.

9:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home