Monday, June 19, 2006

I'm tired

We had company on the weekend, a Hungarian couple. Hedi is my friend from waaaaay back, in high-school and I was a little bit responsible for them ending up in Canada... she came to visit one summer and loved it so much that they immigrated here after they got married. so we are very close. she knows everything about me. Her marriage is not exactly peachy, and to avoid any conversation with her husband about relationships, she chose not to tell him what I've decided and that our marriage with Andy is over. Thus, Rudy knew nothing coming here. And Andy said NOTHING to him either. They arrived, we sat down to eat, we talked about work and stuff, and nobody mentioned anything about anything important. Later, the guys started playing xbox and Hedi and I retreated to the computer room, where we updated each other on the latest things. I was surprised by what she said to me: She said I'd be crazy not to take advantage of the offer he gave me, about still living under the same roof, especially if he moves down to the basement. Now, understand, Hedi is a realist, through and through. Both feet planted firmly on the ground. I do trust her judgment. She said, look, he is rarely ever home anyways, why not just see if it's gonna work...
And on Friday something else happened that totally blew me out of the water. Andy offered to buy me a car. A brand new one. And he would keep the old Toyota (which is not so old, 1999 model and nothing wrong with it, except melted crayon on the back seat). He said he will pay for the car, and I keep it, and it will be my payout for my share of the house. Plus, if I decide to move, all the furniture, appliances and stuff goes with us... While I'm still living in the house, he is paying all the expenses, but no extra child support. If I decide to move out, he will pay child support.
I agreed to the car. Even though I'm still hesitant. On the one side, there are the issues that separated us in the first place. On the other side, financial security, a new car, not moving my child out of the house she's always lived in, and all I have to do for it is tolerate him one day a week.
Fuck... everybody has a price, and I guess mine is a new car... I'm really disgusted with myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home