Wednesday, June 28, 2006

At home

with a pukey kid. Lydia woke up at 3 am yesterday morning, puking and with a high fever, which continued throughout the day yesterday. She was looking a bit better last night and was able to keep some pasta down and some Gatorade (which I usually don't keep in the house, but it's good for electrolytes, so she thought it was a treat!), so I thought she was over it, but this morning, she woke up again with a fever. She is a pro though, she has this little bucket and whenever she needs to puke, she just grabs it, so I didn't have to change bedding at all! Good girl! She slept for most of the day yesterday, which was great, it helped her heal and gave me a chance to lie down with her, since I was pretty beat as well.
btw, it's amazing how many people are up at 3 am - I was looking for the address and phone number of a 24hr Shoppers, and I went on msn just out of curiosity... well, G. was up, my friend in NY was up, I was like, do you guys ever sleep???? So after Lydia feel asleep again, G. and I had a phone conversation about old WWI German helmets. We looked them up on ebay and G. was telling me which ones were fake and which ones were authentic, and little interesting bits of information about the era and the type of soldier who would wear them. There was one with a bullet hole through it, I wondered if the wearer died or the bullet hole went in when no one was wearing it... It didn't say in the details. When I see old things like that, I often wonder about the people who owned/used them. I love browsing antique and garage sales, though I rarely buy the stuff, I have nowhere to put it or display it to its advantage... G. LOVES WWI helmets, he already has two and if he sees an interesting one, he'll buy it, but he is not too sentimental over it, if he gets a good offer, he'll sell it, too. So finally around 4, we both went back to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home