Saturday, May 20, 2006

One step closer....

I talked to my husband today and told him I'm planning on moving out. He wasn't surprised, actually, he took it better then I thought... After a few derogatory comments like "you'll never make it on your own", and "do you really think you'll ever be happy?", he said for me to find out how much he has to pay for child support, and that was pretty much it. Until the anger kicks in, but I won't think about that now. I feel free. Like a weight has been lifted off me. I'm also a mess, weepy and anxious, but it's OK.
I also got my first full paycheque from my new work, it's much less than I've made at IBM, but it will be enough... Next week, I'll go to the housing office on my lunch hour and put the application in for a Geared to Income or a Co-op. At the office (it's a property mgmt. place, don't know if I mentioned it), I saw how much rent people pay for geared to income, my goodness, it does sound pretty good, but I have to see what kind of places are to be had for that, I don't really want to move into a place that's not safe (inadequate heating, rough neighbourhood, etc.). I think a co-op will be a better option, but I'll have to check it out.
I feel like I'm opening up a new chapter in my life and it feels great.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ken Breadner said...

Condolences (a little) and congratulations (a lot). As for the crappy comments directed your way, consider the source. And best of luck finding a new, improved place. *smile*

5:29 PM

 
Blogger jeopardygirl said...

Esso and I lived in a Co-op at one time. They are great. Very safe, because there are usually a lot of single moms from abusive homes, so the rules for who can and can't visit can be fairly strict. Also, there's a requirement that you get involved with the community. Our co-op had a social committee that I chaired, plus semi-annual gardening committee and lots of other stuff. Helping your neighbours is a big thing there. I think you and Lydia would like living in a co-op.

2:55 AM

 
Blogger flameskb said...

I checked out the addresses of co-ops, there is only one in our school district (I don't want her to have to change schools on top of everything else), and at least two of her classmates live there. So that could be a good selling point when I'm breaking the news to her. This morning, A. is in turns rational, sarcastic and mean, but I was expecting that. I'm very calm, rational and nice when I talk to him, try to keep it friendly if at all possible. I'm worried about what he is going to tell himself while he is on the road, all alone in his truck...

7:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home