Monday, May 01, 2006

First Day at Work

Well, I survived my first day back in the workforce. Lydia was very, very good this morning, even though she had to get up an hour early. She had her outfit picked out last night and the whining was to a minimum. She was quite happy to go to the sitter's, so all was well.
When I got there, the woman I was supposed to see wasn't in yet, the coffee machine was broken, so consequently, everybody gathered around it in the kitchen, really grumpy.... LOL. But soon I was introduced around and the woman who is training me showed up and started pouring information on me by the bucket. The software they are working on is fairly simple and user friendly, it seems, but GOSH, the amount of STUFF that I have to memorize is JUST MASSIVE. By lunch time, my head was spinning! I thought I was gonna get a brain overload, so I went out for a walk just to air my head out a bit. The afternoon didn't seem quite so horrible, probably because my brain just shut down and didn't let so much info in. Nevertheless, I survived, but I'm exhausted. Lydia and I went out for chinese food, cuz there was no way I was cooking anything after getting home! She was pretty happy about it.
She had a great day, actually, she got an award at school. Last month's theme was courage and Lydia got it in her class for "having the courage to take risks and challenges to become the best she can be". She is so proud and I'm so happy for her! We put the certificate up on her cork board.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home