Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Sortof a Poem

Why?
Why do I love you?
Why am I drawn to you with an invisible yet unbreakable string?
I’m hoping for a touch, a sign, a smile; hang on to dear hope.
Then you to drop the string and leave me to fall.
My soul aches for your love, my body yearns for your caress
My mind reaches out for your friendship.
You say we are friends yet you keep me at arms length.
Only letting me close just when I’m ready to let go.
Why don’t you feel the way I do?
Why don’t you need me as desperately as I do?
I want to know you, know your body, your soul, your thoughts.
I want to hold you close in my protective arms.
But when you say no, not today, no, not a good time, no, not a good day, my heart sinks into a deep abyss and no other caress, no other pair of arms, no other heart can heal me.
Embrace me. Hold me. Love me or set me free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home