Monday, April 17, 2006

So Deep

Today I was flicking through the channels with no particular interest in mind, and there was an interview with an actress. She is an older lady, very beautiful and serene, an Oscar winner. Can't remember her name, but she said a couple of things that really struck me. First, she said: "I was blessed with a really bad childhood" and went on to say that people who have good childhoods and families might be more complacent, less likely to shake things up or want to change their lives. I thought, YES. Here is a person who took what was her lot in life and did something to it. Created something good out of the bad and is able to look at it in a positive way because of what she was able to do! And then she said: If you don't give of yourself to the world, you rob the world of that which is you. Only you can contribute that certain thing that's you. And if you don't do it, it will destroy you. If you give of yourself, it will free you. Not exact words, but I thought it was really profound.
Must find out the name of this person... I think I'll browse the Oscars website....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home