Monday, April 24, 2006

Daisy

My black kitty seems to need a lot of cuddle time lately. She is first at the door to greet me when I come home and looks up at me with her round head slightly tilted, like, look at me, I'm so cute. And the last few nights, she decided to spend the night with me. I don't let them sleep with me, I value my snooze time too much to have two cats crawling over me all night, so I close my door and they stay in the living room. But Daisy devised a plan. Sometime during the evening, she sneaks into my closet, and there she sits, quiet as a mouse, doesn't even come out to listen to Lydia's bedtime story, like she usually does. Then she waits until I go to bed (probably falls asleep in the closet), waits until I'm almost asleep (so I don't have the strength to get up and send her out), and then, she comes, first very quietly, jumps up on the bed and presses herself to my leg, then makes her way up, and by the time she gets to my upper body, she purrrrrs like crazy. So what else can I do but pet her and then we both sleep. (until she decides that it's time for her to groom herself, or some other annoying thing, then she settles down again).
Tonight though, around 2 am, Lydia also came in (said she had a bad dream, but she didn't sound too upset, so I wonder), and at that point, Daisy decided it will not be fun to have a thrashing kid in the bed with us, so she ran out. Lydia settled in and slept. Occasionally, a small foot ended up in my stomach, or an arm across my chest, or a head on my hip. I listened to her breathing and smiled. She is still small enough to need me, no matter how independent and mature she seems to be when she is awake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home