Sunday, April 23, 2006

Bestiality, Sex and Scientology

Well, weren't we just true to form at the talk exchange tonight? Even though I was an hour late due to babysitting issues, we discussed all of the above, plus hermaphrodites, transvestites and hunky wrestling-type men who dress like women. It was a fun discussion, a bit more informal because D. was somehow willing to let us go off-topic (he usually doesn't), and I liked this format much better. Probably because of the size of the group as well, it's easier to have an informal discussion with less people. I ordered the crabcakes for the first time GOSH they were sooo good, with avocado dip on top of them, mmmm. And D. explained in detail what he knows about Scientology. WOW! What little respect I had for Tom Cruise (wasn't much, I assure you, to begin with) is all gone now if he truly believes in all that CRAP. Honestly!!!!! Xenu and volcanoes and a giant vacuuum and alien souls occupying our bodies, fuck, it's straight out of sci-fi, but without the sci. (j-girl, that comment with the vacuum was FUNNY!!!!) And John Travolta, too, who I totally had a crush on in my younger years when I saw Grease for the first time. How sad.
Afterwards, I went up to P.-s place and we talked and cuddled and he told me about his week, it was really, really rough and he decided to go to AA. Finally. I hope he'll do well, but so far, I was able to push back any attempt for him to make me save him. He asked if he could call me if the urge takes him to reach for a drink, and I said, I do consider him my very close friend, and I love him dearly, but I can not accept the responsibility and the guilt if I fail to dissuade him. It's not my battle to fight, I have my own shit, thank you very much. And you know what? It felt GREAT to be capable of saying no. And you know what else? The world didn't end, and neither did our friendship, so it was wonderful. Gosh, maybe I will get to be a "normal" person after all, at least when it comes to personal boundaries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home